If you are not eligible for legal aid then we can offer fixed fees quotes for most cases. Our costs will obviously vary from case to case depending on what work is involved, however, the sums below will give you an estimate of how much our costs are likely to be. Like every firm of solicitors, we will require payment of our costs in advance of your hearing / attendance:
- Initial consultation – £50
- Letters in mitigation – £100
- Guilty pleas and incidental hearings – £400-500
- Special Reasons and Exceptional Hardship arguments – £500-600
- Magistrates’ Court trials – from £800 – 1000, subject to length and complexity of the case.
These amounts include all hearings, preparation, letters and advocacy. However, they are exclusive of VAT and any disbursements for experts’ reports, etc.
If you plead not guilty and you are acquitted then the court will reimburse most, if not all, of your legal expenses.
The cost of private representation in the crown court will depend on a number of factors and should you wish to discuss this then please feel free to contact us.